METHOD OF PREVENTING PREGNANCY - MALE CONDOM
What is the male condom?• Male condoms are worn gloves in the penis to prevent semen from entering the vagina. Condoms are one of the methods of contraception that are made of rubber and will be discarded after each use.
• There is a small reservoir at the tip of the condom is used to collect sperm during ejaculation. Condom use can reduce the possibility of direct contact between the penis and cervix. Some condoms contain spermicidal agents designed to kill sperm.
How effective is the male condom?• According to research, there are 2 of every 100 condoms will break. Lubricants can be used to help prevent the condom from terkoyah, but not all lubricants are safe to use with condoms latex.
• Condoms have a failure rate of 14-15/100. Spermicidal agents to enhance the effectiveness of more than 95% when used correctly and consistently.
What side effects or health risks of male condoms?• The use of male condoms has no side effects except for individuals who are allergic to latex.
Does the male condom allows pregnancy if not used?• Yes. It is possible to get pregnant immediately if condoms are no longer used.
What is the relationship between male condoms and s3xually transmitted diseases?• Condoms are the only contraceptive device that can reduce the transmission of s3xually transmitted diseases. However, condoms can not prevent exposure to 100% transmission of s3xually transmitted diseases and can only reduce exposure to s3xually transmitted infections.
• The use of male condoms do not reduce transmission of infection human papiloma virus (HPV) or Trichomonas vaginalis.
• syphilis infections decreased 29% for the common use and can be reduced 50-71% when the male condom is used correctly 100% at all times.
• Infection reduced gonorrhea and chlamydia approximately 50% even 100% condom use every time.
• genital herpes infection is reduced by about 40%.
• HIV infection is reduced by about 85% when condoms are used correctly 100% in every time.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the use of the male condom?
Benefits of male condoms include:• One of the methods of contraception that can reduce transmission of s3xually transmitted infection.
• Condoms are cheap and readily available man
• No side effects except for those who are allergic to latex.
• Male condoms are small, easy to carry and easy to operate after use.
Lack of male condoms include:• Some men feel less sensation
• May interfere during the intimate relationship.
• Requires consistent use.
• The use of male condoms have a failure rate of about 14%.