Vitamins and supplements for pregnant women giving nutrients which your body needs to maintain your health. You can get the vitamin through foods such as fruits, vegetables, milk, meat, fish and so on.
It may be difficult for some people to get enough vitamins and minerals in their daily diet, particularly pregnant women. Therefore, multi-vitamins and supplements specially formulated for pregnant women that contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, folic acid, iron, calcium and DHA is very important for the daily needs of pregnant women.
What Vitamins and Health Supplements Are Important For Pregnant Women?
Folic acid (folic acid)• Folic Asik helps prevent birth defects of brain and spinal cord. It also can protect pregnant women against cancer and stroke.
• Pregnant women should get at least 600 micrograms per day from foods and vitamin supplements.
Iron (Iron)• Iron helps to develop the muscles to pregnant women and infants.
• It also helps prevent anemia (red blood cells are too small and too few).
• Iron can also reduce the risk of premature birth and low birth weight.
Calcium (calcium)• Calcium helps maintain strong bones and teeth for mother and baby.
• It also helps the nervous system, muscles and maintain a healthy circulatory system.
• If pregnant women do not get enough calcium from food, the body will take calcium from her bones and give it to the baby's development.
• From time to time, a lack of calcium in the bones can cause serious health such as osteoporosis, thin bones and increase the risk of broken bones.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)• DHA is also known as omega-3 fatty acids. It helps support brain and eye development of the baby.
• Pregnant women should get at least 200 milligrams of DHA per day.
• Before you take vitamins and supplements to pregnant women, you should seek advice from your doctor whether you need or how much you should take.
• Some vitamins are dangerous to consume during pregnancy. Large doses are sometimes at risk to your baby. For example, taking too much vitamin A during pregnancy can cause birth defects.