METHOD OF PREVENTING PREGNANCY - USE OF THE DEVICE IUD (INTRA UTERINE DEVICE)
What tools IUD (intra uterine device)?
• Tool is one of IUD contraception T-shaped contraceptive device that is placed inside the uterus. IUD is a plastic piece that contains kupur (copper) or a synthetic progesterone hormone that can prevent pregnancy.
How IUD device work?
Both IUDs containing kupur (copper) or progesterone to prevent pregnancy, including:
• Patch birth control prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs, which are also known as ovulation.
• Cause of cervical mucus producing less and thicker so that sperm can not enter the uterus easily.
For IUD that contains progesterone like Mirena has additional function
• Causing thinning of the uterine lining so that a fertilized egg more difficult patch in the wall of the uterus.
• It is also very suitable for those who suffer from menstrual bleeding a lot because it helps to reduce menstrual bleeding.
How do you use the IUD?
• Your doctor will do a pelvic examination and Pap smears before IUD device is inserted through the v4gina and cervix into the uterus.
• medical check-up visit scheduled 2-3 months after IUD inserted. Unless you have a problem or an annual check-up medical examination, you do not need to visit a doctor until it is released. IUD can be used for 5 years, depending on the type.
How effective tool IUD?
• copper IUDs have a failure rate of less than 1%. For IUDs containing hormones like mirena is more effective than the copper IUD failure rate of less than 0.1%.
What side effects or health risks of the use of IUDs?
There are various side effects, health risks and precautions that you should know when you choose the IUD device including:
• firmer breasts
• Pelvic pain
• Cramping (copper IUD)
• increased bleeding during menstruation (copper IUD)
• There is an increased risk of pelvic infection, especially for women who have more than one s3xual partner.
Is an IUD allows pregnancy back if not used?
• Yes. As soon as the IUD contraceptive device removed, you can get pregnant again immediately.
What is the relationship between IUD devices and s3xually transmitted diseases?
• Tools IUD NOT provide protection against s3xually transmitted infections
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using IUD?Benefits of the use of IUD include:
• Simple and very effective.
• It does not disturbs you during the intimate relationship.
• It's easy - you do not need to make anything when it is placed in the womb
• It can be used up to 5 years.
• IUDs containing hormones can reduce menstrual bleeding and less painful
• You can get pregnant as soon as possible when the IUD removed.
Lack of use of IUD include:
It can only be obtained by prescription from your doctor.
• Irregular bleeding or blotchy may occur during the first 3-6 months
• copper IUD may increase the cramping and bleeding during the menstrual cycle
• May have hormonal side effects such as mood swings, acne, headache, breast pain and strain, and nausea (hormonal IUD).