ALCOHOL AFFECT PREGNANCY? WHAT RISK PREGNANT MOTHER SHOULD KNOW
Alcohol affect a pregnancy?• When the mother consumed alcohol, alcohol-free will through the placenta and is absorbed by the baby. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy increases the risk of symptoms of alcohol syndrome disorder (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, FAS) where opportunity births affected. FAS is a birth defect caused by the exposure of infants alcohol on the unborn baby.
Facts About Alcohol:• Alcohol is a teratogen. Teratogen is a substance known to be harmful to the development of materials and human development.
• Alcohol can cross the placenta to your baby. When you drink alcohol, so does your baby. Because your baby is so small, down slower alcohol cause alcohol stays in the baby's blood longer than in the mother's blood. This can result in harmful effects irreversible and affect the development of babies.
• All drinks containing alcohol affect a pregnancy and can harm your baby. No amount is known that safe to drink alcohol while you are pregnant. You should discuss the pattern of alcohol drinking with your health care provider.
How does alcohol affect pregnancy and your baby's development?• Your baby is constantly evolving and developing over the nine months. During the first 4minggu pregnancy, your baby's heart, central nervous system, eyes, arms, and legs are developing. Your baby's brain began to grow around the 3rd week and continued to grow throughout your pregnancy. During the third trimester, your baby is growing rapidly in size. If you take an excessive amount of alcohol at critical times of development, you can cause problems for your baby.
• Studies show that drinking alcohol excessively (drink regularly or binge drinking) can lead to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS), which can cause physical birth defects, mental and behavior of your baby.
What if you drink alcohol before you know you are pregnant?• If you do not realize that you are pregnant and drink alcohol, the best thing you can do now is to stop drinking immediately. The sooner you stop drinking alcohol is better and less chance of harming your baby.
Are there any safe amount to drink alcohol?There is no known amount of alcohol that is safe or not to drink during pregnancy, but the more you drink, the more you increase the chances of pregnancy and alcohol affect your baby's development.
Drinking one or two units of alcohol, once or twice a week is considered not dangerous but there is no limit selamat.Penggunaan 120gm (15 units) or more per week was associated with a reduction in birth weight bayi.Penggunaan 160gm (20 units) or more per week associated with intellectual impairment in children. 1 unit of alcohol is approximately equal to 8 grams of alcohol, which is equivalent to:
• 1 small glass of wine
• 1/2 pint of ordinary beer, larger or cider
• 1/4 pint of strong beer
• 1 small glass of sherry small