UNDERSTANDING THE PREGNANCY TEST: URINALYSIS & BLOOD
There are two types of pregnancy test by testing a urine sample or a blood sample. Both tests detect the presence of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). This hormone is produced by the placenta / placenta shortly after the embryo attaches to the uterine lining and is growing rapidly in your body in a few days after fertilization pregnancy.
Rapid hormonal changes in the body trigger early pregnancy symptoms such as vomiting and nausea.
urineA urine test can be done in two different ways and this can be done at home or in the clinic.You should read the instructions on the plastic on the test strip UPT (urine pregnancy test).
• Collect urine into a clean container (such as a plastic cup). The best way to collect urine during the middle of the process of urination.
• Open the plastic and remove the test strip UPT UPT when you are ready to use it.
• Soak UPT test strip into the urine with the arrow end pointing towards the urine. Do not immerse past the MAX (maximum).
• Read the test results after the UPT strip immersed for 30 seconds or until colored bands to appear. Do not read results after 20 minutes.How mentaksifkan UPT strip test results?Bermuncul color strip tape at the top of the test strip indicates UPT test works correctly where these colored bands are control (CONTROL).
Tape strips another color that will bermuncul in that part of the test strip UPT show your test results (TEST).
• The positive results - If two colored bands that can be seen is whether dark or darker than the control band, your ovulation may occur in the next 24-48 hours.
• Negative Results - If only one colored band can be seen at the top or the two colored bands appear but colored stripes at the bottom seem to fade out of control strips.
• The results are not valid - no visible control band of colored stripes that can be seen at the top shows your UPT device may not work.
When you can start to take a urine test?
• Most doctors recommend that you wait until a few days of your menstrual cycle late which is one of the early signs of pregnancy before taking a urine pregnancy test. This is usually about two weeks after fertilization.
However, some pregnancy test strip test is more sensitive than others and can be taken earlier.
• If the first pregnancy test shows negative, maybe because you probably do urine pregnancy test too early or do step one test. You can try to do the test in the first weeks if your period does not come again. You can also have a blood test if you think you have the early signs of pregnancy and still get negative results in urine tests.
How the accuracy of a urine test?
• A urine test or home pregnancy test about 97% accurate when done correctly.
BloodThere are two types of blood tests. A quantitative blood test measures the exact amount of hCG in the blood and qualitative hCG blood test gives a simple decision you are pregnant or not.
Advantages of a blood test:
• Can detect pregnancy earlier than a urine test at about 7-12 days from fertilization may occur (but if the results show negative, the test should be repeated if your menstrual cycle late.)
• Can measure the concentration of hCG hormone in your blood (this is useful information for your doctor to detect certain problems during pregnancy.)
Lack of a blood test:
• More expensive than urine tests (the price depends on the cost of doctor visits and lab fees)
• Takes longer to get results
• Must be performed at the clinic / hospital.