HOW TO ADDRESS DURING PREGNANCY SWOLLEN LEGS
During pregnancy, the body produces about 50% more blood and body fluids to meet the needs of the growing baby. Swelling is a normal part of pregnancy caused by this additional blood and fluid. Swelling is also known as edema usually occurs on the hands, face and especially on the feet. Swollen feet during pregnancy will disappear after your baby is born.
Why do feet swell during pregnancy occur?This is caused by your stomach's growing especially in the third trimester of pregnancy gives a lot of pressure on the flow of blood from the lower body to the top. This often happens if you sit too long in the office or in a vehicle. This additional fluid will accumulate in the legs much you and cause leg swelling.
Other factors can also cause leg swelling during pregnancy:• Weather very hot
• Standing for long periods.
• Carry out daily activities too numerous and long.
• Eat foods low in potassium (potassium).
• forage intake of too much salt which is sodium (Sodium).
• Drinking caffeinated drinks like coffee too much.
NOTE: mild swelling during pregnancy is normal during pregnancy. But if you have swelling in your hands and face sudden or swelling of the legs look more than the other, it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. It is important to find a doctor immediately.
Tips to reduce swollen feet during pregnancy• Swelling can be reduced by eating foods high in potassium such as bananas.
• Reduce your intake of caffeine as coffee.
• Avoid standing for long periods of time.
• Alaskan pillow on legs when you sleep or rest.
• Wear comfortable shoes and avoid wearing high heels.
• Wear support stockings or tights.
• Avoid tight clothing around the wrists, feet or ankles.
• Rest or swim in the pool water.
• Drink plenty of water can reduce water retention in the body.
• Reduce your intake of sodium (salt).
• Minimize outdoor activities in warm weather.
• Use the rub ice on swollen area.