WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF PREGNANT MOTHER DURING PREGNANCY infected Chicken Pox?
When you are pregnant, you will make sure your content is healthy and in perfect condition. However, pregnant women are easily prone to infection and difficult to protect themselves from disease. Chicken pox is a viral infection that is highly contagious which can be very serious. There are several ways to protect yourself and your baby if you are threatened by chicken pox during pregnancy.
Is chicken pox?• Chicken pox is also known as chicken pox is a viral infection also called varicella. It appears as small spots or rash acne redness. Fever and body aches usually occur before the rash appears. In most cases, chicken pox is usually transmitted during childhood, although there are some circumstances in which adults who lack immunity be infected again. About 95% of women who reach the adult and childbirth are immune to chicken pox.
Who is most at risk to contract the disease Chicken pox during pregnancy?• If you have been infected with chicken pox once before, the chances of getting infected again is lowest.
• If you are NOT infected with chicken pox and you are pregnant, you may be at risk of contracting the virus. Therefore, you should keep away from anyone who is infected with chicken pox during pregnancy.
• If you are not sure you have been infected with chickenpox, your doctor may give you a blood test to determine whether you have antibodies to chicken pox. If tests show that you have antibodies, then you are immune to chicken pox.
How your baby will be affected if you are infected with chicken pox during pregnancy?Whether your baby will be infected or impact on your content depending on the age of your trimester.
• If chicken pox occurs in the first trimester, the risk of birth defects is 0.5-1%
• If chicken pox occurred in the week of the 13th and 20th centuries, the risk of birth defects is 2%
• If chicken pox occurs in less than 6 days before delivery or 1-2 days after birth, your baby will be 20-25% of infected chicken pox, known as congenital varicella.
• If chicken pox occurs within 6-12 days before delivery, there is a chance that your baby can still get chicken pox. In this case, your baby may receive several injections of antibodies to congenital varicella chicken pox to be less serious.
Birth defects may occur as scars, eye problems, poor growth, small head size, the slow development of the baby, and / or mental retardation.
What can you do to protect your baby from infections and chicken pox?• If you had chicken pox before, then there is nothing you need to do to protect your baby from infections and chicken pox while pregnant. Your body has antibodies that protect you from getting chicken pox, so your baby will be protected.
• If you are infected with chicken pox before, you may receive an injection of zoster immune globulin (Zig) of immunoglobulin injections while you are pregnant and in contact with someone who has chicken pox. Zig must be given within the first 4 days of exposure. This will only be given if you do not have antibodies against chicken pox.
• If you are not pregnant yet, you can get the chicken pox vaccine if you have not had chicken pox antibodies. You have to wait for 3 months before you try to conceive.